Saturday, December 22, 2007

East Railay and Tonsai

Active morning today for myself and Su. We took at walk to East Railay today. East Railay isn't as idyllic as West Railay but it's a bit cheaper. It doesn't have a sandy beach but has a mangrove swamp - which makes chilling by the water a more difficult experience. It's still very picturesque though as can be seen by this lovely photo taken by the even more lovely Su:

East Railay

After wandering around East Railay for a while I found what I had been looking for since getting to Krabi.You can't stay in Thailand for any length of time without seeing places like the place we found, but the prices vary from place to place. I think the photo explains nicely what I'm talking about:

Special Happy Time

2 Baht a minute is great value for Happy Special Time, although I reckon if you were to spend a lot more time looking you'd find it even cheaper. The only possible drawback is that the minimum time is 10 minute - not a problem for me. 10 minutes flies by for my Happy Special Time. All in all, that place was the cheapest internet cafe we found.

After getting back from East Railay we took a sea kayak and paddled our asses out to a nearby beach called Tonsai. A lot quieter that Railay, Tonsai attracts a lot of backpacker climbers. Very nice quiet beach and to prove there are climbers - here's a photo!

Climbers in Tonsai 

There! And you thought I was lying.

Nothing much else to report really - paddled back to West Railay, had something to eat and tried to lay on the beach before it started to rain again. Apart from our first evening here, it has rained to some degree every evening. We actually went to get dinner with an umbrella. In all fairness, if we wanted rain we could have stayed at home. I'll have to write a letter to the man in charge. On the upside we spent the rest of the evening watching movies and drinking cans of Chang so how bad?

No comments: